The LEAD program is a two-workshop program that takes participants through the fundamentals of neighborhood based work, being a great neighbor and leader, identifying and utilizing assets in the neighborhood, and planning an impactful neighborhood project. The curriculum is specific to the challenges of Omaha’s Neighborhood Associations. After attending both sessions, ONE Omaha’s staff will be there to support the implementation of your neighborhood project.
Get creative and have fun during this interactive workshop. Develop a neighborhood project and get one on one support to implement it.
- Review of asset based community development
- Types of neighborhood projects
- Problems & strengths
- Neighborhood assessments
- The five W’s of project planning
- Answering questions with assets
- Building partnerships
- Hospitality & stewardship
- Volunteer recruitment
- Elevator speeches
- Policy/working with decision makers
- Organizational & leader reputation
- Follow up/recognition
For questions, contact Mike McGuire at email@example.com or call 402.840.9018.