ONE Omaha is excited to announce our Spring 2018 Leadership Series. Going forward, each run of this series will be focused on a different part of Omaha. The Spring Series will be focused on South Omaha neighborhoods and leaders. We will announce future series’ in other areas as they are scheduled. All spring sessions, except for LEAD sessions, will be held at the Salvation Army Kroc Center in South Omaha. Registration is now open.
The Leadership Series is made up of four parts:
- LEAD: Neighborhood Visioning Sessions with a focus on comprehensive and impactful project development with your neighbors. Have us come facilitate and help develop goals.
- Neighborhood Leadership Academy: Six sessions over six weeks that provide training on the organizational skills it takes to sustain successful volunteer led organizations. The sessions focus on grant writing, fundraising, volunteer recruitment, strategic planning, succession planning and mentorship, and asset based community development. All session will be held at the Salvation Army Kroc Center.
- Thursday, April 12th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Session 1: Asset Based Community Development
- Thursday, April 19th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Session 2: Fundraising for Volunteer Organizations
- Thursday, April 26th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Session 3: Grant Writing for Volunteer Organizations
- Thursday, May 3rd, 2018 | 6pm to 7pm | Session 4: Volunteer Recruitment and Maintenance
- Thursday, May 10th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Session 5: Strategic Planning and Visioning
- Thursday, May 17th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Session 6: Succession Planning and Mentorship
- Citizens’ Academy for Omaha’s Future: Five sessions over five weeks that focus on civic engagement, navigating local government, local and regional planning, development, housing, transportation, and more. All session will be held at the Salvation Army Kroc Center.
- Thursday, June 14th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Please check back for a session title.
- Thursday, June 21st, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Please check back for a session title.
- Thursday, June 28th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Please check back for a session title.
- Thursday, July 12th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Please check back for a session title.
- Thursday, July 19th, 2018 | 6pm to 8pm | Please check back for a session title.
- Block Talks Training: This session trains leaders on conducting a Block Talk (also known as a walk audit) with their neighbors to measure the walkability and accessibility of neighborhoods, and develop strategies for improvement. Participants will be trained on how to facilitate a neighborhood Block Talk and an action plan for project, policy, and program development.
An important note about ioby and matching funds: ONE Omaha has partnered with ioby.org to bring a community-based crowdfunding platform to Omaha. We have offered up to a $2000 dollar-for-dollar match for organizations that qualify.
Last year, the way to qualify was to have three or more members of your organization attend any of our leadership development programming.
This year, we have more interest in attending these programs in the spring than we have space for, so we have developed a new way to qualify for matching funds. To qualify for matching funds, your group will only need to set up a LEAD Neighborhood Visioning Session with ONE Omaha. In this session, we will use neighborhood strengths, asset based community development strategies, and other resources to help you identify and plan impactful projects with your neighbors.
LEAD sessions are open to all groups in all areas of Omaha and will be scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis. To schedule a session, fill out the linked registration form and mark that you are interested in scheduling a LEAD session, or contact Mike McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process of scheduling a session.
We ask that a minimum of three neighbors are able to attend the session and the session is promoted to your association members and residents of your neighborhood. ONE Omaha will assist your organization in promoting the session.
The rest of the Leadership Series (Neighborhood Leadership Academy, Citizens’ Academy for Omaha’s Future, and Block Talk Training) will have limited availability, so register now at http://oneomaha.org/2018-spring-leadership-series/.